Description of the series 3.0 CSI
• Various BMW E9 3.0 CSI from the specialist Scuderia Sportiva Colonia are on offer
• in total only 8,144 CSI were built
• Karmann body
• Choice between good and checked, or completely restored vehicles CSI
• a style icon from BMW with racing genes from the successful BMW touring car era of the 1970s
The elegant CS Coupés are among the milestones from BMW - not least because of the fantastic, silky smooth six-cylinder engine. The vehicles were built by Karmann on behalf of BMW between December 1968 and December 1975. In autumn 1971, the 3.0 CSI with Bosch D-Jetronic petrol injection was added as a further model variant, of which only 8144 vehicles were produced.
The Scuderia Sportiva Colonia paid special attention to these elegant and technically sophisticated coupés. From our point of view, these BMW sports cars deserve even more attention. The gorgeous shape, the very good brakes and the powerful engine were the measure of all things in the early 1970s. The interior pampers the owner with luxurious materials, the seats are comfortable with acceptable lateral support and the VDO instruments are a feast for the eyes. A perfect sports car to see and be seen with unmistakable DNA from its very successful touring car history.
History of the BMW 3.0 CSI SSC#466 1972
This BMW E9 was first registered in Italy. The vehicle was delivered in the color "Fjord" light blue metallic and blue velour interior. The front windows are with manual adjustment. Additional extras: CSL chrome wheel arch and a contemporary radio. The engine is "matching". The paintwork is very good, the chrome parts in excellent condition. The body is unrestored and in exceptionally good condition with no visible signs of rust. The engine and the gearbox are perfect. The vehicle has been in the service of Scuderia Sportiva Colonia since 2015.
The first owner was Mr. Armando V. in Milan (I) who registered it on April 26th, 1973. In 2013 the CSI was sold to its 2nd owner in Milan who then sold this vehicle to Scuderia Sportiva Colonia in 2014. After a major inspection including an underbody check and installation of a new stainless steel exhaust system, this BMW was sold to a collector in Cologne in 2015. He is now converting his collection and has now delivered it to us for sale on commission.
Upon request, we offer a new technical review including oil and oil filter changes for a separate expense allowance including a new TÜV. We reserve the right to prior sale.
We currently have different vehicles on offer:
* Taiga green (light green), partially restored, black velor interior, good chrome with a touch of patina, technically and optically flawless incl. 154 points service and inspection
* Polaris (metallic silver), with blue velor interior and sliding roof, very good vehicle from Sweden (last owner had it for over 25 years, very good chrome, technically and optically flawless including 154 points service and inspection
* Garnet red, French provenance, completely restored, black leather interior, completion in May 2021, price on request
* Inka (red / orange), black leather interior with BMW front spoiler and front bumper, under restoration, completion October 2021, 16 inch Alpina rims, 5-speed gearbox, K&W springs, Bilstein shock absorbers, lowered, price on request
* Turquoise metallic, black leather interior, under restoration, completion December 2021, 14 inch Alpina rims, Bilstein shock absorbers, price on request
Optionally, we also offer 16 "Alpina or BBS rims, sports suspension Bilstein, original Petri steering wheels, additional instruments VDO Classic or conversion to 5-speed gearboxes for an extra charge.
Please select a vehicle for further information. We will then be happy to send you a detailed exposé
From our point of view, these E9 models are still undervalued compared to Porsche F models or Mercedes Pagodas and we therefore expect good value growth potential. We always have different BMW 3.0 CS, CSI, CSL or the very rare BMW E9 convertibles on offer.
The attached photos are sample photos of restorations that have already been carried out or BMW Coupés that have already been delivered
Additional services such as transport (worldwide), registration in Germany, appraisals, etc. are possible for a separate expense allowance.
Please visit our website www.scuderia-sportiva-colonia.com to find out more about our extensive range of services.